- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 tbsp corn starch
- Arroyo Kitchen Lotus Buns
- Use an electrical steam or traditional steamer.
- Toss buns into steamer and leave in steamer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap bun(s) with wet paper towel.
- Microwave on low for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Heat the milk and vanilla extract together in a pot until it simmers.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch together.
- Whisk the hot milk and vanilla into the egg mixture and return it all to the pot.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until thick and glossy.
- Pour immediately through a strainer and into a bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Please a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Using a spoon, fill your Lotus Buns with custard.
- Slice strawberries or any of your favorite fruits to garnish (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
Custard recipe from: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGom53TsM
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device