- Heat the milk and vanilla extract together in a pot until it simmers.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch together.
- Whisk the hot milk and vanilla into the egg mixture and return it all to the pot.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until thick and glossy.
- Pour immediately through a strainer and into a bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Please a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Using a spoon, fill your Lotus Buns with custard.
- Slice strawberries or any of your favorite fruits to garnish (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
Custard recipe from: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGom53TsM