Taiwanese Pork Belly Lotus Bun Recipe
- Taiwanese Pork belly
- Roasted unsalted peanuts
- Mustard greens
- 1 Original Lotus Bun
- Use an electrical steam or traditional steamer.
- Toss buns into steamer and leave in steamer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap bun(s) with wet paper towel.
- Microwave on low for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Crush the unsalted peanuts.
- Reheat the pork belly and place it inside the steamed lotus bun
- Add in some mustard greens
- Add cilantro and crushed peanuts
Mustard greens and cooked pork belly are available at your local 99 Ranch Market, or you can make your own! Recipes are below.
Pork Belly Recipe:
Cut the pork belly into large slabs. Place in a pot with enough cold water, bring to a boil and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer out, drain and clean.
Heat around 1 tablespoons of oil in a wok and then fry the pork belly until browned.
Transfer to a simmering pot, add all the other ingredients and enough water except fried shallots, bring to a boil and continue cooking for around 1 hour.
Add fried shallots if you plan to use and continue simmering for 30 minutes to 50 minutes until the pork belly becomes really soft.
Mustard Greens Recipe:
- Drain and rinse the mustard green after removing it from the package
- Mince the mustard greens
- Heat around 3 tablespoons of oil in wok and then fry minced pickled mustard green for 2-3 minutes until aroma. If it’s too sour, add sugar to taste when cooking.