Teriyaki Tofu Lotus Bun Recipe
Medium Firm Tofu
Arroyo Kitchen Original Lotus Bun
- Use an electrical steam or traditional steamer.
- Toss buns into steamer and leave in steamer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap bun(s) with wet paper towel.
- Microwave on low for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Remove the tofu from the package and dry.
- Cut tofu into 3/4" inch slices
- Heat up nonstick pan with oil. Add 1/3 to 1/2 Cup of cooking oil to cover the entire pan.
- Using paper towels, remove excess moisture from the tofu. Whenever they are dry enough, add the tofu to the pan.
- Fry for 8 minutes for each side or until golden brown.
- Take out the fried tofu to the side and remove excess oil.
- Add 1 to 1.5 table spoons of Teriyaki sauce into the pan and allow it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take out the buns and place the tofu steaks inside.
- Add in some green onions and Furikake (optional), and Enjoy!